The MAJORS 2019 is quickly approaching, and all star cheer fans everywhere are excited to watch some of the most elite Level 5 teams compete all one stage in one of the most prestigious events of the year in Indianapolis.
Before you settle in to watch the competition live, test your all star cheer knowledge with these 13 fun facts about The MAJORS 2019.
- 2019 marks the eighth season for The MAJORS.
- This is only the fourth season The MAJORS will include all six senior level 5 divisions.
- Only nine teams made up the first MAJORS. The MAJORS has continued to grow and 26 teams make up the current and largest MAJORS.
- Large Coed and Large All Girl are the only divisions that have been at The MAJORS every year.
- 2018 was the last year a Senior aged eligible athlete could have been at the first MAJORS without aging out.
- 2019 is the first year ever that Junior teams have been invited to The MAJORS
- The MAJORS was the first and longest running invite-only event in all star cheerleading.
- Cheer Athletics Cheetahs holds the longest winning streak at MAJORS: six in a row.
- The World Cup Shooting Stars were the first team to win both MAJORS and worlds in the same year.
- Out of the 95 teams to perform at The MAJORS, only 11 have “hit zero" as of 2017.
- Spirit of Texas Royalty was the first team to hit with zero deductions at The MAJORS.
- Cheer Sport Great White Sharks were the first and only International team to perform on The MAJORS stage.
- Green Bay Elite Lime was the first team to get invited to The MAJORS by winning JAMfest Cheer Super National.